Friday, September 01, 2006

MIA

.possibly better than DOA although that might be somewhat questionable! It's been quite a while since laughing has been part of the daily enjoyments.

This is a fitting video clip of the last month-plus. I take all responsibility for the damage; hell, I KNOW my limitations. The rules of existance have been in front of me and accepted for the best part of 20 years. The coughing up blood part was troublesome only in a detached way.

Before you ask, the damage was a few broken ribs, a bunch of innards that were mostly like a critter shot with a hollow-point, and meself asking self "self. why the fuck didn't you leave a light on?". Steel fence stake. Buggy full of boxes for the shop. Dark of the moon. Swamp. You don't know dark. I should have. Several daze drooling blood with a cough causing pain so severe that merciful blackout occurred. Many weeks fearing the sneeze and planting both hands on the chest.

-------------------------

'nuff of that. I'm up to 20% function on an average of every 3rd day. By the end of October the phys therapy ought to be working. Old farts heal slowly. Funny thing is, I still think I'm 14! Turning on the 'Way-back' machine, Nina decreed I was 12 back in '87! We had good friend company that Thanksgiving. My photos melted years ago. Photos gone and they are both dead. 2 deaths of friends since my present down time. Nope. I won't go to "viewing" or burial anymore. Buried too many.

--------------------------

To have and to hold
For better or worse
In sickness or health
For richer or poorer
Forsaking all others.

---------------------------

Too bad there is nothing left. I don't count.

Comments:
Twenty percent of a million is 200,000...*grin*...
 
I'll be damed. I e-mailed hell last week at pineywoodsgirl's request to see if you were there and the devil said he would not have your engineering butt..you would have it air conditioned inside a week.

Glad your among the walking wounded...
 
Good to have you back.
Speedy recovery.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?