Saturday, June 10, 2006

ozone

My goodness it got a bit uncomfortable this afternoon. Poor Rima was laying out on the front door landing and it appeared her tongue had adhered to the concrete. Brought a tub of water out and dampened the area and accidently spilled a quart or so on her noggin. Quite acceptable. MORE! Hose time for both of us. Summertime in Florida. Sucks royally.

Ozone. The local atmosphere has been heavily ozonated. No hydrocarbons or NOx in this location, just major-league insolation manufacturing O3. Tough if you've lung probs. Hopefully Alfredo or Alfonso or whatever will show up and give this part of Mother Earth a decent bath soon. Good old tropical storms are the BEST at removing skeeters as well and there's been a passle this Spring. Hoses out the breeding holes.

I want to go sit in this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

'bout a hundered yards from where my sorry old butt is planted right now. Unfortunately, all the snow has melted.

Whilst poking thru the very few photos left after the discomfort in '98, this one is more than pretty good. I miss them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wonder how they are doing these days. July 22 will be 21 years since I've last seen them. The gleeful kid turns 24 July 11.

I found out what the "all disco" was. Me rotating off the bed and making the teevee to go to Channel 5. UF PBS Gainesville, Florida. They are re-running it.

Get Down Tonight: The Disco Explosion New performances and archival footage feature the Bee Gees, Donna Summer, Leo Sayer, A Taste of Honey, Wild Cherry, Martha Wash; hosted by KC and the Sunshine Band.

teevee stations and FM radido stations simulcast. Last night was dead quiet. Most nights will be same. Wild Cherry was rugged way back, BeeGees, well, I DID kinda enjoy disco! Shoot me!

Truthfully, I enjoyed Flashdance and Dirty Dancing a whole bunch more. Long time before the dorsally damp fucked my body up for keeps.

Jennifer Grey is probably a granny of years now but if she wants to take a spin around the dance floor, I've got a few jars of the doc's pills in the freezer. The joints start working after 20 minutes, co-ordination begins to fail at 50 minutes, and for the next couple of daze, it seems there is a finger in my nose.

A couple of dances with that gal would be worth having my finger extracted from the snot locker! Wonderful movie. Yeah, I used to love to dance. And yes, she has the one thing I love most. Many, many times, smiles of happiness! OK, that was a movie. My guess is her smile was really happy.

That's what is so good about kids. We were all kids once and some of us remember the "OH!" when we'd find out something new that needed investigating!

I had a wonderful youngunhood.

Comments:
Very cute kids. Where are they now?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?