Saturday, June 10, 2006

96 degrees

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Summer has finally arrived. Observing the track of the first tropical depression (probably a dynamic link), it will cross directly over my abode Monday night. G-d knows the rain will be appreciated. The forest land of what I live in the middle of is crispy dry. I've not been able to saw up the last oak that fell on the roof and it'll need to be removed before something serious blows up from the West coast of Africa this season. Got parts done before ol' arther bit me a new one.

I posted the below image quite a while back. Kinda cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For some reason an awful lot of people like to live on coastal regions. Something about our plasma being pretty close to the same salinity? ;o) Well, guess what critters, Mama Nature likes to wash her fringes off pretty often. I captured the below shot while my favorite radar map was downloading.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just look at the coastal plains. I'm native. So are my folks back many generations. It may take 20 or more years before Mama N. decides she needs to wash off some more gunk but you can betcha she's gonna wash her socks. If you live within 50 or so miles of the Gulf or Atlantic, bath time is coming.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?