Saturday, May 20, 2006

silly season..

..this soon? I always thought we had to wait until July or so.

The Senate voted yesterday to allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment -- even if the job was obtained through forged or stolen documents.
"There was a felony they were committing, and now they can't be prosecuted. [snip]


Reid calls language proposal racist

I jus' LOVE lawyers. Especially when they are used for gator-feed.
Mexico Threatens U.S. With Border Crisis Lawsuit

Read the entire posting.
E-mail reproduces letter from retired U.S. Border Patrol agent to Senator Bill Frist.

This is old, still interesting.
(Illegal) Immigrants win Arizona ranch

Enjoying your high-priced gasoline and electricity? You hired these bastards (so did I).
House Votes to Keep Offshore Drilling Ban

* * * * * *

Ya know, I actually feel sorry for all those zone 3 (the majority) "residents" of New Orleans tomorrow. Obviously Nagin will win. Chocolate City, a.k.a., another success story of the "Great Society", will vote that useless asshair-hanging bit of shit back in. Can't say anything about his competition other than my memories of his totally corrupt father. His sister is, well, you already know.. Keep on with the sending the umpty-billions Bush the Braindead. If you had an ounce of grey matter, you'd KNOW not one of those folk are gonna vote anywhere near what you want and the gigabucks of OUR money will go (has gone) directly down the tube.

* * * * * *

Oh NO. Hard to believe. The local Florida CC is now wetback heaven. Need a decent high-paying job? Get south and run the (non-existant) border to get your "qualifications". Didn't believe it. Checked it out. BTW, the CC is run by the Dems like most "institutes of ______ learning".

I quit.

* * * * * *

For the last week or so I've been considering resurrecting a anecdotal story I wrote not long after Algore didn't become president. It joined many others that were kinda nice with that particular one having some warm and cuddly in a swampy kinda way, a couple of smiles, and a true awshit. Since it actually had no purpose, it got stowed. It also had the miserable problem of my inevitable tendency of sliding off the topic. Now it has an ending with a moral. Didn't get around to it today. Yesterday evening a good friend came over for a while for a little use of the shop, then some babble and beer. He's facing a old, old problem, one I've been aware of for several years. It'll be coming to another head shortly (nope, no pussy involved, if there were, I'd not be involved. Check MY sterling past! ;o) Actually if you can find them, I've got a couple of ex-wives that will vouch as to my excellent character. Nope, the key words have nothing to do with me burying them in the swamp or feeding them to the gators!

The problem he's facing is one that has baffled me. One would think with my close to 5 decades of rather large involvement in tending kids in trouble I'd at least have a glimmer. Been pulling a blank. Now I'm just an old practical, pragmatic engineer these days. I could pull up a 5,000+ word monograph on this subject right now except I don't want to read it again.

In 2004 I went up to the polling place to cast my vote. If you read my post of that day, I was voter 666! Anyway, I got a hi Michael!, turned around and saw a shirt. The shirt was occupied by the former belly-bump, then unstoppable 4 year old babblecritter (and excellent kiddo), and now large, economy voter! One of quite a few that occasionally come and suprise me with visits. I used to be the ultimate baby-sitter. Outside, the gals would keep them from going astray. Inside, there was the drafting table with plenty of paper and pencil crayons. Got lots of artwork!

I'm facing a typing problem again. Spent too many years supporting kids in foster care, got a real big problem with folk that should have been sterilized if not at birth, well before ... OK. You get the drift. 'nuff of that for now.

* * * * * *

..about 2 AM. I'm back. This is probably one of the last decent nights left before Florida's Summer Hell sets in and I went for a walk with the Rimadon. She's not her mother, granny, or grandma, they are all dead. They were mostly trained. Doesn't matter. She's a class hiker. Better than many and nice to have scouting the trail. It bothers me quite a bit that she is a freemartin.

I awoke at my usual 4:30 AM yesterday with the problem still circulating. Since all I do is prettymuch set to some sort of schedule with Saturday close to inviolable as "laundry, rake out kitchen, (sometimes that can be ugly), and change bedding (burn or wash? walking freckles are a way of life)", old knucklehead self isn't moved easily. I have one job other than the roundtoit list, due at the end of May. Roughly 2 days work left on it. Elected today (yesterday) to do the Saturday stuff. The grey water drain backed up. Been doing a fine job for 26 years. Took a couple of hours. Carolina wrens have a nest in the dryer flue. No problem. Clothes got hung on the line eventually. Yard was something over 1 1/2' high. Shoulder still too gimp to fire up the Tampa Yazoo so brought out the hated (by Rima) weedeater. Munched weeds until shoulder hollered (clothes ready to be hung). Came in, sat until the holler let up, went out to hang clothes and Rima hauled the weedeater to the hole she was digging. She probably doesn't like it a lot! Can't say as I blame her. Knucklehead. For fun, when I went in to take my break, the weedeater was leaned up against my book drying platform. Rima very deliberately hauled it down and took it over to her first Summer hole. If you've pooches, I need say no more!

Spent most of the day just thinking. Machine racket is easily tuned out. Came up with a solution for my friend. Comes from 1968. He won't like it. I didn't either. Worked. He can't do it. I can't do it. One of 3 folk can, if they will.

**sigh**

* * * * * *

There's another big old sigh. If I live through May, I will have outlived my dad. Every 3rd year for the last 21 I've made a living will to work with the standard LWT. The living will has no known person as of 8 months ago. I terminated the LWT 6 months ago. No blood kin contact for more than 20 years except for the nephew that broke his neck while drunk driving 7 years ago. There is some value left in this property, there is a chance I might like to continue sucking air, no known family and those that are friends have put tags on certain artifacts. Therefore, they are not even possible as receivers.

What would you do?

Comments:
What would you do?


Give what is left to the Starvation Army..that is what sweetthing and I are doing. I don't want my kids to have it--hell they would just drink it up por stick it up their noses. I thought about willing it to my alma mater but the sumbitches have gone left wing on me--fuck 'em. At least the starvation army will use it to feed some old derilicts-I could have very easily been one myself if a few of my decisions had went the other way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?