Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Always come to a complete stop before you get off.

There are these two buttons in front of me. Depress the pair and the previous post will mostly vanish.

Did that a couple of times in years past. Once by request, the other due to me just being disgusted with myself.

I can't cuss worth a damn. Actually very few Southern males can. Springtime, 1955, granny and mom caught me saying 'goddam'. My mouth got washed out with Oxydol.

* * * * * *

Five hours of written 'stuff' shifted. You wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway. When I woke up I thought it was twilight. I'd been doing stuff that was just tedious, no thoughts involved, shoulder was giving me fits. Time to lay down for a while. The sky was at the same color temperature, got up to pee and consider what to make for supper. Turned on the teapot. Turned on this 'puter. Huh? 7 PM turned into 7 AM without notice. That's the second time that has happened since August of 2003. Time to make another Will. By request, I retrieved the 2 copies left in the law offices plus the one in the safe and woodstoved them. 7 years ago. No family. No known kids. Last contact with a relative was 7 years ago and I didn't know who that one was. Represented itself as a cousin. Not likely.

Somewhere around 56 years and spare change ago, a former WW 2 squid and his 19 year-old bride of 2 years had to go to Atmore General. He was sharecropping 80 acres of taters. Froze to the ground that day. Her "confinement" for the 3 days plus the doctor fee was $50. No insurance back then. He was my best friend. The sorry sumbich got himself killed most of 21 years ago. His gal disinhereted me twice. Last time counts I recon. 1989. Such be life. Prettiest gal on this planet. Always will be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?