Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ozone

I love ozone. The house and shop are wide open. Smells just fine. Doors and windows are open. The idiot Rimasaurus Toothamungus elected to go occupy the space she usually does under the horizontal file cabinet when it is either rainy, cold, or both. Is it cooler/warmer in here? Nah. Territory. Hers. Remind me not to worm her tomorrow (1st of the month, easy memory, 40 years. nope, not on the 22nd or some such. Normalized. Goats, sheep, cattle, horses, dawgs. The 1st. Did yer kid need a DPT booster? Is it the 1st?). Last time I did it she gained 20 pounds. All muscle. She's only 7/8ths shep, the rest is pit bull and those genes seem to have won the war. Huge chest, broad head, seriously fucked-up by her mother's murder during the '04 'canes. She is a much more gentle soul than her great-granny or granny.

A fun story about her and BB, the chow/wolf gal; yesterday afternoon I was unreeling the long extension cord to charge up Rustbucket's battery. My failure to generate income for the majority of last year has resulted in not being able to pay bills. The local Barney Fife isn't likely to appear to take my tag as it will expire 3 weeks after my insurance did and since I rarely poke a bumper across a hard road more than once a month, why bother? Not much out there these daze except hidious traffic and wetbacks that now are close to 30% of the local population. Rustbucket is to be sold, hopefully for enough to buy my old insurance policy back. $370/year, half mil coverage, under 500 miles per year driving. I logged 240 miles last year.

..back to the gals; I'd got the cord arranged such that any possible traffic (seriously unlikely, been known to happen) and BB came over. Her and Rima are kinda friends, BB tends to like killing and eating it on the spot, Rima prefers taking it back home. Wellll, the gals were doing the usual nose contact (girl dawgs don't sniff assholes. usually) whilst I was dragging the very old WA battery charger out. Opened Rustbucket's hood. A primarily black calico cat was on top of the air filter. She lept off to the non-dawg direction. ..was fun to watch. Young, strong canids looking for lunch. Damn glad I'm not on the menu! She went to ground under the shed. Both gals had no hackles up and both were too big to get into where 'lunch' was. BB staked out the SW corner, commenced to resting her more-teeth-than Rima has head on her paws with Rima ~4 feet away in shep-flop backup. I had another deed to do on my round toit and left laughing. BB is a natural born killer and has taught Rima a few things. That rangy calico was probably scouting the Rustbucket underhood as a birthing place. Those young canids just might have got a serious education about feral mama cat before that day was over! There is no critter more adapted for survival than that type of critter!

Kinda curious what eventually happened. I'd gone back to round toit #5 for the day, got delightfully interupped by a visit through the swamp, didn't finish until ~7:30. Rima had re-appeared around 6:15, her and BB probably gave it up or cleaned off the blood. Wolfies have infinite patience. Trust me on this. Infinite. My guess is the kitty-cat became snack food.

* * * * * *

oh good lord, please tell me it's horseshit. I'm going to bed. Everything else is nominally resolved but THAT sucks big-time. ...to be read at 4:35 AM..

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?