Sunday, January 15, 2006

tree farts

What a wonderful week in January! Nippish in the mornings, mid-70's for the afternoons, just right for all kinds of good stuff. Got more done in this last week than in the previous 3 but I was really wanting to get around to doing the yard stuff and the carpentry so my enthusiasm was higher than usual. Using my feeble skills at the listed tasks is such a nice break from doing what I do best. Yeah, I'm pretty good at pickin' my nose so hush..

This morning turned out 38 and very windy, lost power for a few hours last night when the front blew through and dropped limbs all over everybody's lines. Made for a good night's sleep as I merely turned everything on the various UPS's off except for a headboard reading lamp and drifted off to sleep listening to the wind howl and admiring the young Mr. Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Saloon". Woke up at the usual, several hours before dawn and considered going to town for the supplies I've been promising myself for the last couple of weeks and maybe hit the long neglected flea market. Wind was still howling and it remained that way all day. 40+ MPH, not fit to drive the motorized roller-skate as I just don't like that shit and if I don't have to, I won't. Got lots to do and if it's true that if one dies with uncompleted tasks, they become haunts, this 40 is gonna have one! ;o)

The weathercritter is making noises to the effect that it'll probably be around 23 at daybreak and 60 by early afternoon. Maybe I'll go get the list of "stuff" after the frost melts. Got a couple of friends that are setting up at the flea market at 7 AM and I will be putting another log on the fire, sucking on a nice cuppa joe, and encouraging the Rima to go outside and play 'bout that time. Ain't gotta, won't do it. Being mizzable ain't no fun no mo. No winter camping in the Sierras, no more rock climbing, no more motorcycle racing (wanna hurt? Race bikes regularly. Much pain inevitable! ;o). I like warm rooms, flush toilets, coffee that doesn't taste like Smokey the Bear shit in it, and beds that don't have rocks. ..must be gettin' old or sumthin'..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Done. Wore slap out. Didn't go to town. Saturday is my heritage "house cleaning day" anyway, this time I went somewhat further. There is now probably close to 400 pounds of bagged trade journals and catalogs occupying the living room floor. There are close to 200 more pounds that need a second glance (and maybe a razor blade for possible good stuff) before they join the bagged ones. The cabinetry I'd built and varnished in the shop looks pretty good, the varnish is drying kinda slow. I HOPE it wasn't so out of date it won't. Had that happen before but this may just be due to the low temps. No hurry. God no. After also spending a whole bunch more time trying to resurrect a 300 pound, 1890 English sideboard that has been mostly trashed by de 'souf humidity (progress, it can be done), I'm crippled. All the old broken parts are raising hell. The oak sideboard is very intricate and assembled with glue. 1890 glue. Got lots and lots and lots of beautifully mitered bits and pieces. A 300 pound, 3 dimensional jig-saw puzzle! What sort of glue should I use when I re-assemble?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had in mind posting a pair of photographs this evening that were 3 months apart. 20 years ago. Found one and went through all of my photo disks looking for the other. Zilch. Not sure it was ever scanned in but absolutely know where it was stowed. Can't find it just yet, might whenever I sort out this pile.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The idiot child finally elected to avoid frost and came inside. My set rule is she keeps the methane oriface out from under the bed. Her adherance to that thought might have something to do with extra-ordinarily heavy feet fleeing gas attacks. BTW, she has now discovered rodents are toothsome. ..except moles. She won't eat them. Mice are tasty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I need din-din. Don't got no ol' lady. Mus' be nice 'fo to have ol' lady cookin' sumthin'.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dorph, if you are reading this, I kinda follow what's happening on the only forum I've ever been banned. If the speculation is valid, don't forget what you sent me a while back:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They mostly look, talk, and smell nice. Damned expensive when they have set up the children to spend the weekend with the "sperm donor"! Sheesh.

..time for a bowl of geezer chow..

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?