Wednesday, January 11, 2006

oh good lord

Could it be Schumer is more lame than Biden? Teddy don't count. Not even hard boiled libs could take him seriously. I'm listening to the "testimony" recorded earlier. Much sadness that folk actually elect things like Schumer. The voters probably have Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

Harry Belafonte? Goodwill ambassador for UNICEF? AARP Impact Award for 2006? Daaay-O! Zombies came an i wanna go home! His only Top 40. 1958 I think. UNICEF? Get the 'merican kids to collect money for African dictators. Daaay-O! His buddies not including Castro and Chavez include Danny Glover? Damn. Now I can't enjoy any of his movies again. Kinda like someone talking dirty to your sister, can't ever see them in the same light again. True colors. Daylight come and I wanna go home...

* * * * * *

The Cris Craft got out of the loop. *sigh* I'd have liked to have had the old slow boat around w/o the obligations! GuyK, I jus' love how they look! Way back when I was a youngun, I had girl friends that were from the other side of the tracks. One was the daughter of a 3rd gen merchant banker. Richer than Croteus, first time I ever held $100,000 in cash in my hands! Didn't get to keep it. I was 12. He owned a CC. Years later (15) I was smitten with a lovely dark-haired gal, didn't know nuffin about her fambly. Natalie Woodish. Danced wonderfully to "Blue Velvet". My full-time friend for a pair of good years. Do you remember the Beatles album "Rubber Soul"? It came out in mono. ..another story.. Her daddy had one (CC) as well. She was my "runaway!" No, I've never managed to catch up with her.

* * * * * *

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Got the postcard scanned. Whee-oo. Took close to forever using the old UNIX doodad. The message on the card was bad news. The good news is the faded ink enhanced just fine. Now I have to re-frame the card and since the donor applied the card with rolled-up clear tape, remount means repairs. It is saved raw and occupies 5 MB. Lots of "stuff" to tinker with. Besides, it seems one of the folk might be an inlaw! His decendent needed shooting 25 years ago, thought about it myself before deciding, nah, let someone else do it. I'm gentle that way.

Front of postcard:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message side:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Compressed of course. If you can't read it, I'll post the hi res on request.

* * * * * *

Don't know why I can't get to sleep tonight. Right now I want to go out and drive the chainsaw which would be just slightly brighter than eating used razor blades. A night hike is in order. Mumbai is icy, the swamp is Springtime. Could be I'm in heat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?