Sunday, January 08, 2006

if I live long enough, can I have a free hot tub and

one of those motorized wheelchairs? Forgot to mention that I'd chainsawed up a big pile of wood, hauled it down in my malign homemade garden cart, and stacked it in the atrium. The garden cart gets rebuilt every decade or so after the first one. Shirley M. at the lawnmower shop gave me a pair of old solid rubber Yazoo wheels back in '77 and I went and bought a 3' section of 1/2" allthread, nuts, washers, then took a bunch of old campaign signs, scrap 2" x 2"s and made a cart. Campaign signs back then were made of plywood and were just about as durable as campaign promises. Rotted out immediately. Hey! Look at the source! The malign part was due to the last rebuild including a shelf for the chainsaw, oil, etc. It ate calves or shins depending on pull or push. Fixed that plus re-enforcing it to handle heavier loads the last PM whilst I was butchering trim wood. Didn't change the fact that I woke up Saturday morning with fore and aft bruised legs plus back and shoulders creaking like the Tin Man after a rain! Lord have mercy am I out of shape.

24 degrees this morning and when I opened the front door to invite the Rimarug outside, she just stuck her head back under the bed. Pneumonia hole. Supposed to get near 70 this PM with a Spring-like week coming up which is a real plus as all but 2 of this week's assigned jobs are outside. Cold is tough on all these old damaged joints.

* * * * * *

This is a neat little video from Michelle Malkin via GUYK. Sgt. Mark Seavey certainly made Democrat Reps. Jim Moron and John Murthaporker look like a pair of these:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

* * * * * *

Thought I'd toss in a few links I found interesting over the last few days.

James Lileks has an excellent commentary on Mark Steyn's It's the Demography, Stupid. Another worthy read.


Who'd a thunk it?

Murders soar in wake of Katrina refugees

Hat-tip to Mostly Cajun.


Disturbing.

A Very Long Disengagement (education).


Dicky-doo.

Don't tell off bad behaviour, teachers told (education?)


Cool!

Take a leap into hyperspace

I dug up a bunch of scientific papers published on this subject, all PDF, most with math so far out of my feeble league the things could have been written in Sanscrit and I'd have had a better chance! Burkhard Heim is an interesting fellow and if you want more on him and this subject, this and this are good sites. Crackpot? Probably no more than string theory.

* * * * * *

Well, it's up to 43 degrees. Think I'll haul this loosely knit bag of bones outside and see if something can be accomplished today.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?