Sunday, January 01, 2006

the day after, or was it as good for you as it was for me?

Maybe the gal in the last post found her photographer! Nah. Not likely the same dude.

Somebody go shoot Steve H. today! I'm another one who isn't having "morning-after" problems. Closest to it was when the Rimasaurus Smellbaddicus stuck her cold, wet nose in my ear just before 6 AM. Memorable 1 Jan hangovers? Yup. 1 Jan, 1972. Block party in Sunnyvale, California. Discovered Southern Comfort. Being dead is preferable to that day after! Yeesh. I try really really hard NOT to remember that horror! Most anyone except maybe mz. spamalot (galpal, you've been tracked. Yo mama and papa as well. Judging from their profiles, I merely feel sorry for your hideous upbringing. All is forgiven but yer server won't be very happy when ____ gets around toit.) has seen the "liquid panty-remover" billboard post so I won't upload it. There has been a whole buncha years and a whole buncha friends (and a few ex-wives) that call poo on that billboard! Gals are much more survival oriented!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To continue with where the last post ended, well, I lied. Just a little bit. Spent about 6 minutes with a garden hose rinsing off this upcoming Wednesday's project. Then another huge tree in the climax forest elected to go toes up. Ah ha! An excuse! After the plethora of '04 'canes, the woodlands look a bunch like jackstraws of the King Kong variety. 100-footers becoming one with the soil that they plundered for up to 3 centuries. Damn trees. Someone ought to make a law forbidding trees. Filthy, exploitive things. ..probably Bush's fault. ..or Halliburton's.

Crittersaurus Dirtyfootadon elected as I ought to pick up my walking stick and go investigate. Seemed like a good idea to me and off she went. Did I mention that it was 77 degrees yesterday afternoon? Nice hike. Motorboatus Spraywaterodon had the finestime running in the creek (thereby terrifying all the endangered froggus baueri ninavori. ..don't ask!) and coming back to the biped and soaking him. All is right in the world!

I AM going to buy a new set of batteries for my camera. Maybe not this Tuesday when I'm going into town but soon. Sooo many good photos that need to be taken not just here, some need to be done before the rest of the Old Florida history becomes substrata under the flood of random airheads. Growth was modest for the first 15 years of my return to my birth state. Went exponential about 5 years ago.

Everything got better as the day progressed. I spent a while meandering up the creek bottom plain-old-fashioned enjoying the prettyness of it all before winding up where the walking staff could be leaned up against the front door landing. The doors, windows, shop, house and studio all open, just savoring 31 December in the jungle!

As a side note, is it possible to train a dawg to wipe feet before entering an abode? I could sprinkle seed, add a bit of water, then have a nice garden in the living room!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another too damn wonderful day! Tee shirt temps and hauling "stuff" from the shop a couple of hundred yards up the hill. Got a big mound due for the dump someday. A couple of sun-showers and it's raining heavily right now (10:20 PM). Front door wide open and the Spring peepers are having a field day (night) on 1 Jan! Just got back from J & K's place 30 minutes ago and this time wisely rolled up the window before the buggy ceased to move as when I didn't do it last night the Dawggus Worryoraptor jumped in before I could open the door! She's firmly convinced I'm gonna bring her another puppy. I will. Just not yet. She's developed a couple bad habits and I've got to break her of one of them. I retire each evening with a novel and when morphius sets in, lay it open and face down on the left side of the bed. It's worked jus' fine for more years than I care to count. She takes my book and puts it closed on her rug. Takes me sometimes re-reading a chaper or so to find out where I was. The other is her thinking she's gonna get on the bed. Nope. Nada. Don't need any state birds, hair, and even I usually smell better than a swamp dawg! When it gets really cold I used to invite Dina (pillow), Cookie (foot-warmer), and when it dropped below 20, Tep as he did fine as a 150 pound general furnace. Dina had the added good use of keeping my ears spotless! Never use giant male dawgs for pillows. They have nasty habits!

Just for fun, yesterday evening after investigating a really peculiar bunch of racket southwest of the shop, Jimmy decided to hike over. The racket was BB (Doofus's mom) raising hell with a flock of wild turkeys and Rima had joined in. Been wondering why there have been so many turkey feathers in the front yard plus she'd amused me by carrying around a turkey leg last week. Looks like BB and Rima have a partnership! Jimmy and I decided to savor the day and wound up on the studio balcony correcting the woes of the world, just a fine old way to smile one way's into the new year! Came time for him to go home and since it was dark as only it can get in the jungle, I volunteered to drive him home rather than night hike across the deer trail. Warm enough that I would want a Cookie Monster or equiv since there are legless lizards what do lunch call when it's this warm. We were walking up from the shop and the house was wide open with the lights all on when Jimmy almost hurt himself laughing. Two bats flew out of the house! Now he's former Air Force of many years and has variously referred to this earth shelter as a bunker, munition storage facility, but from now on it'll be known as the bat cave!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The rain just let up (11:02 PM) and I've got to go up on the roof to finish one minor project. The downside of this is fuzzwump will assist, get soaking wet, then spend the rest of the night reminding me how really awful wet dawgs smell.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No context. I took this photo in January, 1974. Did some rock climbing on one of the hills across that valley. Off now to finish the small project and generate bad smells...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?