Friday, October 28, 2005

what a week!

Last Friday into town in the un-airconditioned buggy and 91 degrees, 38 degrees Monday morning! 35 on Tuesday and the daily highs haven't made the nightly lows (by no closer than 15 degrees) from the previous week! Last Saturday was spent amongst other things, preparing for Wilma on the off chance she was gonna bring her stones up here and rubble the joint. That cold front saved the Gulf coast another pounding and best of all, kept ME from having all together too much firewood like the ass-pounders of last year.

It's been a very busy time beginning to winterize the joint. Got about half of the final mowing of the year finished with just the roof, collard patch, and lane to go. The 26 year old rotary machete blew out it's muffler and I ignored it until the motor mount platform caught on fire. Oops! Got to go remove the fiberglass sunshades from the atrium cap but I'm delaying until I see where Beta goes. They provide a degree of protection for the 7' x 16' tempered glass up there from impacts. This is interesting:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

* * * * * *
The news this week sucks. From the IDIOT zone 3 residents of South Florida who need Darwining to the jackassery of Iran's main Islamoshit dickhead who intends to really finish Hitler's "final solution", the nooze is pitiful. The joyous howling of the moonbats about the 2,000th American death in Iraq, endless crap about F(P)lame secret agent bitch, DeLay getting "booked", the UN oil-for-food scandal reaching heroic proportions, sheesh. Nope, no teevee nat'l newscasts for me this week other than a few accidental minutes with that snake-lipped thing ABC had on Monday at 6:30 PM. Damn, that bitch hates the US. I do occasionally watch the local newscast on that channel and it's not too bad especially since it comes from the only "blue" county in north Florida. Graphics were posted last Fall, don't feel like looking for them again.

It's sooo damn difficult to understand the mindlessness of the zone 3ers in South Florida. Wilma tracked so close to the NOAA path and was so slow there was ages to prepare. Those mindless "feed me Seymores" whining about not having fuel for their automobiles, no water, food, or ice deserve no more than a vial of halazone tablets and maybe a jar of Skippy with a loaf of Wonderbread. Haysus H. Christos, how damn difficult is it to fill up a few jugs with water and stock up a few cans and boxes of room temp eatables? If one lives where the wind and water are gonna compromise the ability to continue sucking air and you've got a week to consider not being there, why the fuck stay there? Simpathy is found between shit and syphilis in the Funk & Wagnalls.

Do bad things happen to good people? Continually. From the victims of the islamoshits to the victims of the "Great Society" on both sides; from folk whacked by such as the Storm of the Century which killed 6 of my neighbors (wiped out most of a family) to tornados which sometimes whip out of nearly nowhere. One of those whacked a buddy a few years ago, killed his wife and 2 kids while he was at work. T'storms don't just have lightning. Unexpected Hell always deserves all kinds of human compassion, expected Hell deserves compassion commenserate with common sense. Shit happens to everybody. Everybody dies. Houses burn down. Auto wrecks kill nearly as many a year each year as the total death toll of the decade of our involvement in the Vietnam war.

* * * * * *
"Mr. Libby has not outed a covert CIA agent". Patrick Fitzgerald, 2:45 PM this PM.

Wonder if that quote will be on the evening news? I'm listening live as I type. Might have to tune in old snake-lips at 6:30! ;o)

It does sound like young Mr. Scooter has got his ass in a crack and if the inditements wind up being proved, maybe he'll 'larn' a lesson my granny and mom taught me a bunch of years ago. Lying just doesn't work worth a damn! Those gals didn't necessarily abide by the Rule of Law, they just used their innate 3rd eye, telepathy, and the fact I was probably guilty anyway! Jeez, the things they let me get away with made the few times I got my sitter switched when it wasn't deserved make me feel guilty! Ever have a little sister? Yup, she was a sadistic child (normal little sister! ;o), "Mikey did it!" She was too cute to use for catfish bait and finally grew out of that habit and sis, if yer reading this, I didn't always get switched!

* * * * * *
I've got some interesting results with the reason us folk in the hurricane states need to keep a jug of bleach around. Now I've been a serious hiker for most of my life. Back when I lived in California, I spent all but one Summer on long hikes in the Sierras, 2 weeks to 6 weeks with the shorter times duplicated by bringing other folk with me. I would start a long hike with 2 canteens of water, after that, well, halazone worked just fine. I'm running a little experiment I haven't done since 1978 and if possible with the equipment, post a couple of photos later. The sun just came out for the first time today and I'm gonna go play outside.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?