Tuesday, September 06, 2005

a decent day in the swamp

Days with a few steps forward are to be enjoyed. Completing a few delayed tasks, good music on the hi-fi, and making pencil marks on previously perfectly fine vellum makes me all warm and fuzzy. That, and having some good treats for the pups. They'd be my buds anyway. Have been. Been badly ill a couple of times since 1998. A good greasy dish of pure YUM!© is always appreciated!

Can't do teevee or radio. Just don't want to hear any more MoveOn shit. The truth is out and any shit-slinging should be ended. LSM has covered as close to zilch about the folk that caught the full impact of the last storm. Last I looked the official death count was twice as high in coastal Mississippi as in New Orleans.

Looks like it's going to get a bit damp down here over the next few days. T.D. 16 is due to hit somewhere around Jacksonville Friday and it's already raining here. Normal stuff and quite welcome as there's not been squat since Katrina crossed Sourthern Florida. Not too keen on a repeat of last year with the trio that came across here. How about a 1/3rd year's rainfall in a couple of weeks and having the jungle seriously pruned? There's a smile in there somewhere kinda like walking away from a plane crash! The weather is just the way the weather is and if you live within range of the Atlantic cyclones, it's not if but when and when and when. Fact of life. I've spent most of my 55 years on the 30th parallel, done my share of picking up the pieces. If the ability to suck air continues, there will be more to pick up. Warranty void upon drawing first breath!

When the day's assigned tasks were done, I checked my email right after the radar imaging. Usual spam (deleted), 3 phish (pitiful), and 2 NIGERIAN'S! Damn! I thought I'd been forgotten! Used to get a couple a day and every now and then some would be really creative. Love 'em! Got a nice library of them, ought to save them off the HD. Nah. The one below is pretty typical, not very good, but thought I'd answer it.

From: "barrister willis" >barristerwillisx1@hotmail.com<
To: >barristerwillisx1@hotmail.com<
Subject: Attention: Bauer.
Date: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:58 AM

Dear, Bauer.

I am Barrister Chanaka A. Willis, a solicitor at law.
I am the personal attorney to Mr. David Bauer,a
native of your country, who used to work with Shell
Oil Development Company in Nigeria. Here in after
shall be referred to as my client.
On the 21st of April 2003, my client, his wife and
their three children were involved in a car accident
alongs agbama express road. All occupants of the
vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I
have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate
any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved
unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided
to track his last name over the Internet, to locate
any memberof his family hence I contacted you. I have
contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and
properties left behind by my client before they get
confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank
where this huge deposit were lodged.
Particularly, the AssuranceBank Limited where the
deceased had an account valued at about US$10.5
Million has issued me a notice to provide the next of
kin or have the account confiscated within the
six(6)weeks.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the
relatives for over Twenty three (27) months now, I seek
your consent to present you as the next of kin of the
deceased since you has the same surname with late David .
By presenting your names as the next of kin, the inheritance
will be transfer to your name as the sole beneficary and the
proceeds of this account valued at US$10.5 Million can
be paid to your account. You and I can share the(INHERITANCE)
money 60% to me and 40% to you. I have all necessary legal
documents that can be used to backup any claim we may
make.Besides i'm the legal signatory to the account and
it is the duty of the chamber to give clearance to any
person standing as the next of kin.My involvment into the
transaction makes the claim risk free and legitimate.

All I need from you is your honest co-operation to enable us
see this deal through. I guarantee that this inheritance
transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement
that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please get in
touch with me immediately as I do not have much time
in my disposal.
Call me as soon as you get this email and reply to my
private email box :barristerchanakax12@yahoo.com

Best Regards,
Barr Chanaka A. Willis
Willy & Co Limited
234 80 33071351

* * * * * *

From: "itchydoodads" >doodad3@charliemanson.com<
To: >barristerwillisx1@hotmail.com<
Subject: Attention: Bauer.

Dear misster Barr Willis,

Im so happy to heer from you specialy sens you have the same las nam as won of my daddes wifes and cozins some sisters necces and nefews who was also a cozin! We may be kin! I wood be reel happy if you wood send me a piccher of the back side of yer left nut as all us Williseses have the same mark ther and I no its tru coz Bessie Lou and Alma Dee cheked out mos all of us and we all got it! We boys all got 3 tits so I need a piccher of that to.

Sorry to heer about onkel Dave. We wonderd what happend to that old drunk cornholer. Mos of us dont miss him much sept his mama but thats jus caws he never paid no money fo ther kids.

I can see you got a lot of time what with the Twenty three (27) months so far but you getin 60 percent is jus plain silly unless you are reallie kin. The legel fellas we got heer mosle get 40 but if your reallei kin the 60 would be OK.

Sin me dim picchers and it will be OK even with ant granny.

hope we can be frens!

senseerly,

doodad

ps I lyke yer name! been outsid wif da dawgs sayin Chanaka over an over an they thank ant granny is cummmin over!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?