Saturday, August 20, 2005

useless ramblings just as promised

Been "enjoying" my 5th load of conjunctivitus lately. It just won't go away. 40-grit eyelid, ooze, zero usefulness = bad attitude. Doesn't help that the heat index has been between 116-120 every day this week but WTF, it's August in Florida. August sucks. Like July. September sucks as well. Bugs. Weeds. Breathing only by aqualung. The dawgs have taken to living in a cave under the canoe. Shady. Sometimes one will give me a half-hearted tail flop or two. Usually one. Jus' too damn hot for serious motion. When the 6 AM heat index is over 90, it's time to hibernate.

My clothes washing machine broke. That sucks.

My big GE (made in China 3 years ago) toaster oven broke. Well, it kinda caught on fire. I WILL NOT use the 1911 Wedgewood gas oven in the summer. No more tasty cold roast beef sammiches. No more icy cherry pies. No more frozen fudge brownies. That sucks as well.

The roaches are doin' well since I didn't replace Bronson (R.I.P.). Wound up with a couple of second season Broad-headed Skinks, probably through the window Abby broke out when she decided she preferred my company or jus' needed to shit on the floor. They've grown well over the last half year, appears to be one of each flavor. The male has become a knucklehead and acts a lot like Bronson, i.e., knows he's immune to being stepped-on. The female is a bit more flighty and she's GOT to learn scurrying up my leg when the foot is close is not really very acceptable. Tends to make me move in erratic patterns.

Going sleepless with eye-sandpaper sucks. Taping the afflicted eye closed and going roach hunting with the swatter (no depth vision) sucks but it gives me something to do. Can't read with the other eye as it was damaged by a bunch of coke-powered wetbacks in '86. Been thinking about fumigating but I'd have to catch the skinks and they are not too keen on being caught.

I don't like roaches. They suck.

Got the renewal for my motor vehicle insurance. Lizard company, good rates. Lately they've been advertizing extra good rates in Florida. Still drive <500/year, ticket-free for a quarter of a century, they have jacked my rate up 164%. Whyfo? That sucks.

Got my estimated real property tax bill. Up 35%. That sucks too.

FPL (Florida Plunder & Loot, a.k.a., Florida Flicker & Flash) is (always succeeds) jacking up rates 16% to go along with the 11% of around a year ago. Mucho suckness.

The loss of the atrium ventilation fan SHOULD have been a priority back in May, fell out of the loop due to being so ill for so long. Entire house is one massive mildew culture medium. REALLY SUCKS. Hardly worth trying to start salvage until October. Run the dishes through the dishwasher (which is making ominous noises, soon to die I'm sure. that sucks) set at 180 degrees using God's Curse DW detergent, and within a day, mildew on shiney surfaces. Kinda sucks as I could have prevented most of the damage by repairing the top vent and paying FPL the ~$30/month for running the dehumidifier. Too late now. I suck.

The shop studio apartment is just as clear and clean as anything can be. It's above the ground (27' is the high point), well ventilated, easily and effectively A/C'd, wired and setup the way I'd have loved to find a place oh those many years ago (even has DSL! ;o), and sits on top of a rather decent shop.

Non-sucky; local muslims tend to kill each other. (linkage not provided due to not archiving newspaper article.)

* * * * * *

Carole Moore wrote Sexual Predators: Throwing Away the Key Friday and is just another point of view. It ends with:

The downside to continued confinement in any setting is that the government will have to accommodate more child sex offenders. I can live with that — in fact, I'll drop a check in the mail to my local Department of Corrections to help with their upkeep. I consider it a bargain.

The upside? People like Joseph Duncan who are convicted of these crimes once will never resurface in society again. No redemption through psychiatry, rehabilitation or behaving in prison.

Expensive — yes. But the payoff — children who might cross paths with monsters like Duncan spared the terrible fate of looking into their rapists' eyes — is worth the price. I don't think I'm alone in seeing this as a fair trade.

Just ask what's left of the Groene family.


Considering the awesome recidivism, it appears these type of folk don't respond very well to therapy, term imprisonment, or chemical castration. Depo-Provera does render the psychopath impotent but doesn't do diddily for the root cause of being a psycopath. Tall tree, short rope, assembly required works splendidly with the plus that both the tree and rope can be re-used. Although not specifically directed at sex crimes, John Douglas wrote an excellent book, "Mind Hunter" back in '95 that gives some perspectives and, try as he might not want to include them, some opinions!

* * * * * *

Kimberly Diane Leach, 12, disappeared from her junior high school in Lake City, Florida, on February 9, 1978.

Kim was the 12 year old neighbor gal-pal of my 8 year friend and business partner's 12 year old daughter. Theodore Robert Bundy abducted, raped, murdered, then cast her dead body in an abandoned pig sty in my county.

I have a lot of kind feelings about psychos. That little gal was just your normal kid, fulla beans just like her friend. Used to have the weekend BBQ backyard feeds with the neighborhood and all was plain old right in the world. There was never another such. Foul creatures that prey on children only deserve one treatment in a civilized society. Rope-burn kindness.

* * * * * *

Explain this to me:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The illegal alien population around here lives rather under their own rules. Interesting, actually. Totally different life-styles with the entire population (3,500 in a rural county only ~3x semi-counted back in 2000) in violation of even being in the US. What laws? A bit of the 3rd world in what has never been exactly the first world. Mexican Sharia is probably the best way to deal with the influx barring major complaints. I just guess this one hit the LOSD because Juanita got tired of 31 year old Higinio banging her 13 year old daughter. Probably pregnant (as usual, go the the DCF, chock-full of round young senoritas). Anchor kids.

Scoff one law, likely to scoff others. I don't particularly care for Richard Lamm (or his ilk) but he made a speech a while back on Multiculturalism. You judge. A nation founded on laws that are ignored is a nation that will eventually vanish. ..just like all others in history.

* * * * * *

Dug out a photo taken last Feb with one of the liz's that now feed well. I think this is the boy:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He's all but totally tan, much bigger, and has an acceptable attitude. Got another photo taken tonight when he wouldn't 'shooo!' (lizard tastes just like chicken), might upload it later. Gal-pal lizard is under Audry III. She eats the dawg feed roaches. He's a slug and eats my housewife spiders, SHE is useful! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
My name is Janice Still and i would like to show you my personal experience with Depo-Provera.

I am 24 years old. I have been on Depo for 9 years and did not realize that the symptoms I experienced might be related to the shot. I am now facing thousands of dollars in dental work due to bone density loss, and will probably end up with osteoporosis. I am getting off Depo and will never touch it again!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Low libido, joint pain, bone density loss, dental problems, headaches, fatigue, out of control eating, gained 40 lbs., depression

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Janice Still

Depo-Provera Prescription Information
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?