Saturday, August 27, 2005

bullet dodged

But it kinda looks like it's gonna really suck around New Orleans come Monday morning. I've taken to making a copy of the first storm-track plots issued when one of those urban renewal/tree-pruners gets within range after last year's Crop 'o Treats. Even the Spaghetti Model doesn't offer much hope for the Big Easy. There might be a city that could be more damaged by a big 'cane but right off the top of my little grey head, can't think of one.

Also, on hurricane names, girls & boys, Anglo, French, German, Hispanic have all been represented. Got a kick about a pair of last year's that came and said "hello" as they were sequentially the name of my first former wife (with a minor spelling difference)! And naw, she wasn't bad at all. Awful good if my memory serves! ;o) Whyfo we doan have som good ebonic names lak Obama, Mfume, or Shakaqueezi? ..or Religion of Pieces names? Osama, Abu Musab, and Raghad (one of Saddamn's brides, I just love that name!) come to mind.

You must forgive me. I've regained most of my sight and I'm re-reading James Michener's "The Source". It's probably been close to 30 years since those pages were turned. Superb book, up to page 889 of 1,088. He could have alternately titled it "The Law".

'mo later, got to go unload the first groceries since July 29 from the buggy (won't drive whilst blind). Yes, there's a large ice chest in it but it's also 93 degrees and full sun in the humid August Hell known as Florida. Did I ever mention that Florida sucks?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
Yep. Looks like the Big easy may get a bath. Damn! The Source is a heck of a book. Also like "The Exodus" which is another fiction that is also a damn good history book. Uris did a fine job writing it and has never done anything up to its standard since as far as I am concerned-but who am I to be a critic when I can't even spell criticle
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?