Saturday, July 02, 2005

No, she's 10, not 15! Sorry about that, I was thinking about
Audrie, SHE was 15 and had THE ATTITUDE! ;o) 40 years ago. Best pitcher in our sand-lot team, 2 older brothers, 3 younger siblings, finestkind ma & pa (he let us roving band of jd's full access to his shop & tools, his shop and tools were ALWAYS left spotless!

Ignore the timestamp on the previous post. Old men have to get up and pee, some of us are kinda grumpy. On the way back to the rack I'd been thinking about the feeble post, "send, delete, or put in the shit file". The shit folder is ~7 years old, occupies 5 CDs, and has never been opened. There is some good "stuff" on the 1999 one. I keep THAT one in the wood stove in the summertime. Eventually I'll forget one Fall and it'll join the autumn smoke plume.

Yesterday evening at second feeding, I elected to spend a bunch of time with poor neglected Rima. She really is a fine and gentle hound. My being ill for so long has reduced me a lot. Her and I spent a while last night back being gentle puppy and non-growly old man. She's had a fine day, her old fart still lives and still loves her. Old fart gets wounded, ill, crawls under a bush and waits it out.

On second feeding this afternoon, time to check Cookie's pups. I'd gotten down on hands and knees to crawl into the CookieMonstercaveorium and Rima was totally panic struck! She's firmly of the opinion that Cookie (her grandmom) will treat me like she does her. Cookie was the 9th pup from a 8 teat mom plus being the runt of the litter. Waaay back then Nina, my wife, went somewhat sideways. "She's gonna die!" Dina (mom shep) had given birth on the shop day bed, moved them under the west workbench, was mostly ingnoring "stuff". Yea, Cookie would have died as a normal course of events, Dina only had 6 spigots at full till. I showed Nina how one removes the fat boys and girls from the rich tits and install the smaller ones. Nina still went out and bought the "home nursing" kit. Cookie Monster's infant bottle is STILL in the lower right-hand drawer in the kitchen!

Three pups. Poor Rima, she was beside herself. Cookie was calmly munching dinner but the line was drawn. Rima could not under any circumstance pass this line. I'd washed myself quite well, soaked my arms up to the elbows in the bleach solution used regularly down here (bacterial conjunctivitus, pups don't need that), then did the hands and knees. Cuter than all get-out. As usual! Took my 1973 specs off and inspected each one. All the right parts in all the right places, tummies full, little puppy noises when handled. No paracites. 6-7 days before eyes open. 77 dawg year old mama, 89 dawg year old papa. Papa was MY first choice to be Cookie's daddy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?