Thursday, March 24, 2005

peckerheads

" We can't take any steps to save the forests, after all, they're in a permanently vegetative state."

- hijacked from shibumi at the Free Republic

Rand Simberg has an excellent blog entry about the miserable Schiavo case today. He's also linked an article from Peggy Noonan that's worth a read (I'm a PN fan most of the time). After reading the CodeBlueBlog linked yesterday, one question keeps sticking with me; will there be an autopsy and who will be doing it? Oh yeah, I'm quite sure the 'Right to Death' crowd are gonna kill her. Normally I listen to Neal Boortz in the morning. He won't shut up with his opinion that she should die. Days and daze of it so I've switched stations. Found a station locally that broadcasts the John Boy and Billy "Big Show". The music is good and, well, it's not wise to have a cuppa near the snout during the comedy sketches! Redneck humor at it's best!

There was one other item that has bothered me as well and that is just exactly when did Michael Schiavo decide Terri should die. The timeline below is most bothersome.

WHAT DID MICHAEL DO?

Aug 1992 - Terri awarded $250,000 in malpractice 'OUT-OF-COURT' settlement.


Nov 1992 - Terri awarded $1.4 million in malpractice trial.


Nov 1992-Michael Schiavo awarded $600,000 in malpractice trial.


After the malpractice suit Michael took Terri home for approximately four months....


In 1993-Michael Schiavo orders no treatment for Terri's potentially fatal infection.


July 16,1993- Mary and Bob Schindlers' letter to Michael Schiavo

Letter to Michael from Bob and Mary Schindler


Nov 1993-Michael admits in deposition that he knew withholding treatment of infection could result in Terri's death.


Sept 1995- Schiavo orders Palm Gardens not to treat Terri for potentially fatal infection.

In 1997, with the help of pro-death attorney, George Felos, Michael Schiavo started his efforts to have Terri Schiavo's feeding tube removed....... Since then her feeding tube has been removed and put back in twice. Once on the orders of a judge. The second time on orders of Florida Governor Jeb bush........


" I believe in the vows that I took with my wife,
through sickness, in health, for richer or poorer. I
married my wife because I love her and I want to spend the
rest of my life with her. I'm going to do that."-Michael Schiavo


In Michael Schiavo's Nov 19, 1993 Deposition he admitted to having more than one intimate relationship with women other than his wife since 1990.........


At the time He ordered Terri not to be treated for an infection that could have ended Terri Schiavo life-he was already involved with his present day girlfriend who he moved in with in 1995.


I guess he didn't marry his wife Terri Schindler Schiavo because he loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Since, of the 20 years Michael Schiavo has been married to Terri Schindler, he has spent the last 10 years living with the mother of his two children.


The last time the Terri's feeding tube was pulled (Oct 15 2003) In the statement Michael Schiavo released he said:

"That left me to carry out her wishes. It has been hard. In fact, it is the hardest thing I have ever done. In the end, I did what I believe Terri would have wanted me to do."


OK, let's see if I've got this right; husband screwing around on his wife prior to her incident, picked up $2.25 mil in '92, orders no treatment for potentially fatal infection a year later whilst screwing present-day love interest (might account for some of the medical issues noted in the CodeBlueBlog post), same order again in '95. Shacked-up with mother of present kids in '95. Damn, that dude has wanted her daid for a long, long time. I don't think I'd want a spouse that had so little respect for me to have my health and possible rehab back before the first infection to be able to murder what's left on "I did what I believe Terri would have wanted me to". Maybe the letter of the law was upheld but the spirit seems to be badly violated. Whyfo' didn't he relinquish her care to her parents, divorce her, and get on with his life? Take a moment and go read the Letter to Michael from Bob and Mary Schindler.

* * * * * *

added at 4:45 PM - My gal Ann has checked in with Starved for justice. Nailed the issue directly on the head.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?