Monday, February 28, 2005

monday, bloody monday

This has been a most unremarkable weekend. Started out by awakening Friday morning wearing an ankle bracelet - of ticks. Got me again but it was my fault as I didn't use the Skin-So-Soft. Got tired of everything tasting and smelling like the stuff, also, the stuff is very difficult to wash out of clothing. Been trying to figure out why, after 53 years, I suddenly became so tasty to the little arachnids and at the same time, allergic to their bites.

Saturday sucked. Dawned cloudy then rain started by noon. Not significant, just adequate and cool enough to make the daily plans a wash. Got serious by dark and continued non-stop until Sunday evening to the tune of 5 soggy inches. The weekend accomplishments could be typed on a postage stamp with room to spare. Matters were not improved by my 'puter deciding to just turn itself off with all my open files and notes unsaved. About the most useful thing was re-reading Alan Moorehead's 1960 "The White Nile" which was badly needed to wash out the excreable "The Poisonwood Bible" out of my head. It had the makings of a decent tale but fell flat on it's face. I suppose a big clue should have been when in the preface credits, Kingsolver said "Mumia Abu-Jamal read and commented on the manuscript from prison; I'm grateful for his intelligence and courage." Oh, by the way, the book is from Oprah's Book Club (clue 2).

* * * * * *
Back in pre-net days I used to subscribe to the US News & World Report as it was the most neutral news source then available. John Leo has a opinion column in the latest issue I found moderately enlightening and a bit unusual in light of my long-expired subscription. Give it a read, I think he's managed to do a pretty good job of explaining what has happened to liberalism. Some of his conclusions are most unhappy-making. The above-linked site on Abu-Jamal is a classic case of liberalism gone moonbat.

* * * * * *
Did you watch the HBO production "Dirty War" on PBS last week? It was only screened twice on the local PBS station and since I missed the one on during primetime, had to manage to stay awake until 2 AM to catch the last one. Very good for the most part even with the technical flaws but I have to question the panic reactions presented. Maybe if it's re-run, I can see it in a more conscious state, 2 to 4 AM just doesn't cut it! There is not a snow-flake's chance in Hell that the followers of the Religion of Peace® will do other than they have when they get new toys. Providing I'm not an early casualty, it should be quite interesting to see what happens afterwards. Wonder if it'll wait until Prez Hillary is in office? (an inevitability)

* * * * * *
..and, for a bit of light-hearted good fun, Mike Adams has a cute little pearl that can't possibly have even a tad of truth within!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?