Friday, January 21, 2005

..con't.. Wednesday morning had another thing to annoy me besides her. It seems when lapsing into the normal coma, my specs were still on. Found them in the middle of the bed with one arm at 90 degrees from any direction that would be normal. They are 26 years old, been bent one time too many, and when carefully bent back into position, became geek taped specs. *sigh* I'm a bit overdue for an eye exam anyway. After Nina, my former spouse, had her cataract surgery a few years ago, she gave me her nearly-new titanium alloy frames. They were hideously expensive and are supposed to be nearly unbreakable. I'm tempted even if they do have burgundy and mauve tortoise-shell trim. ..ought to go well with the huge, grey beard!

When I went looking for the frames, I came across a stash of foreign currency, some that came back with me, some from who-knows-where and I scanned in a bunch of it. The collection includes NZ dollars, Jamaican dollars, Japanese yen, pre-war Hungarian pengos, 'nam military script, and Vietnamese dongs. There should be a lot more including coins and currency from Australia, Chile, Mexico, and Venezuela but it's possible that went bye-bye a few years ago.

Since most of the paper money is so detailed, the images require most of 250K to be decently viewed. I've shrunk a few of them (running outa free storage) and especially like the 100 Pengo from 1930. Such a grim bill.




The back isn't any better.




Compare with the back of the NZ $2.




The 10 Pengo note is a bit better. I'll find space for it and a few others eventually.

Might as well post the Vietnamese 50 Dong note! It's worth just under 1/3rd of a US cent. Brings a new meaning to the phrase, "not worth the paper it's printed on".



* * * * * *

And how about a cute VW commercial?

Polo. Small but strong.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?