Wednesday, December 08, 2004

it's never too late for Monday

Woke up this morning with a plugged-up nose, sore throat, a toothache, and my left eye hanging out on my cheek. Plus I'd bit my lip during supper last night and various parts of me were protesting about yesterday afternoon's chainsaw action. Paying the price for one day that worked pretty good I suppose..

Got out of the rack to turn on the Bunn and see if that lost snot pill could be found in the boxes of "stuff" I packed up when I took the medicine cabinets down for the re-painting job not done yet. Found it, took it (kinda melty-looking) and went to go pour water into the Bunn. Most of it wound up on the kitchen counter. Seems my homemade gasket gave up the ghost. Yep. Monday. Thoughts turned to "alternative" refreshments but fought the urge, too much to do even if it appears the world is gonna suck today.

Eventually the snot pill kicked in and the left eye slowly reeled back into it's socket where it pointed in a direction somewhat random and definately not the same as it's twin. One of the reasons I hate anti-histamines, the other being they make me itch. Especially the back of my knees. Could be worse I suppose..

Today had been perfectly planned (HAH!). Rustbucket got pre-flighted yesterday, which mostly means I open the hood and check to see if most of the stuff that makes it work are still there, re-fill the various containers that need refilling (all of them), and check to see there is a bit of air in all four tires. Got the big Coleman cooler out, made a bunch of ice, balanced my checkbook (HAH!), all ready to brave the highway and 14 (28 counting on the return) traffic lights in town. My mouth was ready for supper tonight. Lamb chops with rice pilaf, fresh broccoli, maybe Hollandaise if energetic. One doesn't drive with a wandering eye. That 2 page shopping list has fresh snot pills on it now, won't fix the wandering eye but they WILL reel one off of the cheek.

Too late to go in today as it would be dark before getting back. Rustbucket has a little problem with headlights. They work OK as long as the sun is up. Rarely after it goes down. The switches in the steering column are kinda wore-out and the wiring harness got used for nesting material by a mama rat many years ago. I don't think it's up to factory standards anymore.

81 degrees, gotta go limp outside with my gimp (yeah, didn't mention that, not important) knee and do SOMETHING for a while. Got some good pictures to edit and some fun (for me) stuff to write later! If the above "stuff" were to be taken seriously, I'd probably join the Chinese who commit suicide every 15 seconds. There's a whole bunch of very good homebrew in the pantry, a lady that needs kissin', a big stack of fun projects that need doing, and, "tomorrow is another day!"

And, maybe a kid or so to enjoy watching grow up again. This is cute, my boys were really into transformers. Opens in Quicktime.
Citroen C4



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?