Thursday, December 09, 2004

dawg posting

First of all, it turned out that yesterday's malaise (and today's slowness) was the result of tick spit. I've gotten sloppy about checking recently since the "season" is mostly over but the hike through a bit of dense brush Tuesday evening left me with some hitchhikers in difficult to observe places. It's equally possible that rough-housing with the critters below might have been the source.

It's been two years since Cookie has gone into heat and I'd pretty-much figured the old clock had run out of sand on that function. Nice for me, unlike back then when she was lookin' fer lovin', I no longer had to confine her. Ever confine a GSD gal with whoopie on her mind? A'in't no fence high enough (or buried deep enough), concrete and titanium is barely adequate! Sweet, gentle Cookie becomes a bloodthirsty beast and knows more body slams than the entire WWF!

The Taz Devil. I'm between her and her "love" interest!




Good old Goldberg. I call him Goldfarb. He's about as bright as a box of rocks but he's a good dude. Belongs to a horse farm up the road but spends most of his time down here.




Another shot. He's a bit of a lens louse and had relinquished the inevitable stick to Rima for the "pose". They spend a lot of time sharing the stick, running around, and proving to me Rima is also about as bright as a box of rocks.




And, the hussy herself expressing her true interests. He's not paying attention as she's most of a week left before she's fertile.




I'm debating on confining her. It would be an interesting cross, probably quite beautiful and probably very good tempered. Since it will also probably be her last litter, the thought has been to breed her with a class one shep I'm familiar with or just pass entirely. The last option will be met by physical discomfort as tending a girl shep with hormone induced rabies is difficult!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?