Sunday, November 21, 2004

sundae froth

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

"The good of the people must be the great purpose of government. By the laws of nature and of reason, the governors are invested with power to that end. And the greatest good of the people is liberty. It is to the state what health is to the individual." (from L'Encyclopédie)

-Denis Diderot

Mark Twain wasn't totally right about all Frenchmen. Too bad Denis died in 1784. We could use his wisdom these days. Then, again, he did have the normal French peculiarities.
No post since last week mostly due to being an old curmudgeon swamp critter. Been scraping disgusting loads of fungus off the cave walls, lost an old buddy (not seen in years, worked with for 20), been hacking up phlegm from the mildew works... Mostly just not enjoying stuff. My last post sucks and needs editing to be properly coherent. Next year maybe. I'm still a crosspatch. Old solo swamp dwellers have a problem with their digestion, the claws are dull or broken, the teeth are worn-down, and they sleep poorly. Hair has fallen out and the hide isn't fit for tanning. Parasites give us fits. Grumble.
That, and having deleted ALL of my notes for the last week hasn't made me nice. But I am. I missed the last Wednesday shopping trip due to a bad spell hacking up mildew. It seems to have become my November hobby - said I wouldn't let it happen after last year but didn't plan on the batch of 'canes. I DID design a full-house dehumidifier that would work on solar energy many years ago, just never built it. Earth-shelters turn pretty-much black when sopping wet for months. Not nice.
Most of the accidentally deleted notes and comments were about the Marine what shot the muj and the shitheadedness of OUR MSM. I'm adding BLACKFIVE to my good blog list. A worthy read and the links inside are good as well.
* * * * * *
Good Thanksgiving thoughts next. Yes, I've got most of 30 years worth.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?