Thursday, November 18, 2004

a near infinity of firewood. thank god I've no brains

Lord have mercy! I don't know how many of these beautiful days I can take. Top 30's, low 40's for the daybreak, 70's in the sunny times. This I could live with almost forever. Rain's nice, even badnasty t'storms but I'll pass on the 'canes for a while thank you. Yer old damaged unit is enjoying chainsaw swinging, Cindy lopper whacking, and rotary machete piloting making old paths and roadways reappear. I've taken my own advice at last and have been keeping my mouth shut when mowing through the really dense stuff - the dawgs DO deposit, the mower DO disperse. I think the term is something like the shit hitting the fan.

You'd laugh yer butt off if you had witnessed the stopping point on mowing the roof this evening. Last spring I'd modified the atrium ventilation with a squirrel-cage fan which took days to install. Lots of work with a lot of time perched on a extension ladder inside the house cutting and modifying. It replaced a kinda cobbled 1962 Emerson box fan that had finally given up the ghost and several other changes had to be made as well. Well, I didn't police the outside work area too well after finishing. It'd take about 800 more words to describe the 'why' but the 'what' was a leftover piece of a 75 meter ham radio antenna that had been overgrown this summer. The rotary machete picked it up and towed me into the serious jungle growth before the engine stalled. Quitting time! Roofs are always a pain to mow anyway.

Your tax money at work.
Big Dig Leaks Even More Widespread

$14.6 billion for 7.5 miles - $30,725 per inch and it leaks like a sieve. Makes $800 toilet seats look like a bargain. ...hmmm, $90/RCH...


I see I've scads of crap about the utterly worthless UN sitting on the notepad. I'm wide open for anyone to send me ANYTHING that indicates a UN success (NOT suckcess) since it's formation. I can't find one. The closest I could find was the use of nuclear weapons are allowed even if the country hasn't been nuked first. Whyfo we pay for those folk to spend our money working at cross purposes to our interests?

Come Clean, Kofi

The U.N. secretary-general ducks responsibilty for the Oil for Food scam.
BY CLAUDIA ROSETT - Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Kofi Annan and the insanity of international law
Ben Shapiro - November 17, 2004

'mo soon. I'm riled and that's not good. Midnight postings even if there is only one loyal reader..



Comments:
Loyal Reader checking in here. I expect a midnight post now.

HA HA.

Suzanne
 
Something good from the UN? I'm going back 30 years and scraping the bottom here but, unicef? That's all I can come up with. Lame, isn't it?
Could be worse, rumor has it slick willy is looking to take Kofi's place. Shudder.

Your second loyal reader.
~di
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?