Monday, November 22, 2004

monday meanderings

I had high hopes for something interesting to listen to on the radio this morning when I read Neal Boortz's program notes and he seemed like he was going to get back to the Fair Tax rant. Instead it dribbled off into that NBA fubar that is of slightly less interest to me than Saddam's taste in French pastries. Of course I also find basketball of less interest than a Chinese table tennis match. Given the cast of characters involved in the NBA and the obvious IQ of the "fans", WTF? On one hand there's a bunch of hideously overpriced genetic sports with god egos and on the other, a bunch of drunken slobs.

The radio has a knob.

Later, decided to try Rush even if his voice and delivery tend to aggravate me. Guess what? Same crap. Knob time. Actually if I could have stayed in the house it would have been Radio Brazil and a good album or two online. The commercials are in Portuguese so they don't bother me at all!

This having been Monday and with my penchant for messy Mondays, I simply ignored it. Baked a fresh loaf of egg bread and had a ham sandwich with the Smithsfield bought yesterday plus a walnut brownie made last night with a stick of butter replacing the usual cooking oil, then took a nap. I like naps as I can't screw things up too bad when asleep. Eventually I had to get up, just too damn pretty outside to be indoors and seems absolutely sinful to wander outside in cutoffs and kerryboots two days away from Thanksgiving. Ought to be cold and nasty.

Well, I wandered up the hill to check out another tree that is soon to fall and block the lane. Thought about going after the chainsaw and cutting it down but decided I would probably drop it on my punkin' head (or foot) and that would make me unhappy. Besides, the base is inside of a bunch of brush and weeds so I would probably get another pantload of ticks. That would make me unhappy as well. So I've decided to let it fall by itself and after it is on the ground, bring up an assault rifle for a couple of "mercy rounds" so it won't try to jump up and fall on my punkin' head (or foot) and make me unhappy.

Next stop was up on the roof to admire the mower so tangled up in the brush and antenna wire. Neat trick, hanging in there at about 45 degrees. Thought about going down and getting Cindy (the loppers) to cut it out of the mess but it's kinda sitting on a fire ant mound. They would bite me and that would make me unhappy. Wandered over to the atrium cap to consider taking down the summer sun shields but I really need to finish mowing the roof first and for that I would have to get the mower un-snagged, then the fire ants would bite me and I would be unhappy. So I left which made Rima happy. She doesn't like me to stand still as I'm hard to trip when not moving and stationary ankles are not near as much fun to bite. Yeah, I know. I need to convince her she's getting too big to bite my ankles mostly because she's getting more knee than ankle these days.

Went down the lane to the shop. *sigh* So much brush and the windfalls that need hauling. There are probably ticks and fire ants in that mess. You know what they would do. If I wait long enough, it'll compost. I could go up and free the mower and chop it up some but...

There was a nice book in the house that needed reading. And maybe another sandwich, this time with a Fuji apple (my latest addiction). ...and another little nap. It made me happy. Rima was happy too as she found some squirrels to yarf at. The squirrels were happy as well since she couldn't catch them and eat them (yet). Cookie was also happy just sleeping in the sun.

It's time to start supper, more of that nice ham with fresh mashed taters & ham gravy plus bok choy and butter, maybe a mug of Mother-in-Law's Heart to go with it. Oh, almost forgot tonight is CSI: Miami. Life is good.

Tomorrow won't be Monday.

Comments:
I'm afraid many turns of the knob will offer up Pacers/Pistons brawl "evaluation" for weeks ahead.Too many lawyers want their face on the tube for this round. Hope your fingers are nimble. I'm almost unable to sit still anymore while watching CSI and some other cbs offerings. They are getting more hokey every week and oozing with political correctness. Rocket launchers smuggled into this country by radical white supremacists out to kill minorities is our current terrorist problem? Pfft.What a bunch of horse poo.Besides, I guessed that goody-two-shoes daddy was the main villian in a nanosecond.Yawn. Turning my knob back to Spike tv where I can get some CSI reruns (before that wanted to make some lamo political point). Speaking of lame, the intro to monday night football couldn't of been more boring if they tried.
Cranky this tuesday morning, ~di
 
di, young buddy old pal, I about went critical at the sappy premise and even sappier ending of last night's CSI. To tell you the truth, there are now NO shows I actually watch except for the reruns of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" that comes on at 11 PM Saturday night. CSI: Miami has Ms Proctor in it and I want to have her babies. It's just a problem I have! ;o)

I missed the first 2 seasons of CSI, probably boycotting teevee as usual. I do that a lot. As far as football, the last time I paid attention, Joe Namath was quarterbacking the Jets.
 
Who's Joe Namath and why is my brain thinking of shaving cream?
just kidding, snork, chuckle
Mr di has the hots for Ms. Proctor too,lol. I have my eye on a few NFL tightends but I definately don't want to have their babies,lol.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?