Thursday, October 07, 2004

Lemon fresh goodness!

Still not running on all cylinders but got to wash & dry a couple of loads of clothes since before Charley. This is probably the wettest summer I've experienced in most of my 54 years of Gulf coastal living and three of the four 'canes here on top of a July monsoon can be described as 'squelchy'. Front yard mud halfway to the knees, s-l-o-w-l-y drying out, house finally got partially flooded when Jeanne dumped her load. Enough already.

The "lemon fresh goodness" came from the first FRESH SHEETS in a long, long time, a 45 minute scorching shower and CLEAN, CRISPY towels but I was out of shampoo. Lemon fresh Joy had to serve. I smell like I'd be good to squeeze over a plate of Steinhatchee oysters! Herbed, baked chicken with Brussel sprouts plus rice & gravy for supper, then a book and bed. I've missed nice, clean sheets. Tomorrow, three more loads to wash and dry, haul out 2 months of trash, pick up two weeks of mail (bills? yep), maybe try to mow some paths back in the jungle IF my chainsaw still works and can get some of the downed trees & limbs out of the way. Optimism.

Comments:
Hang in there! Maybe there will be something in the mail BESIDES bills. You can always hope.

- Suzanne
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?