Sunday, October 10, 2004

early sundae thoughts

Rae, young friend, old goat-roping buddy, it's safe to post comments to the blog. You can sign in or not, tried a spurious shot using the name 'Yusef Islam', text 'You are a Yankee dog Imperialist, you will die, and we have your address." with the email addy of alzark @ farku.fla

I added the spaces so it wouldn't link. Also, the fun part, it was accepted as a post, displayed WITH the email link. Promptly edited out by me.

And no, I wouldn't even think about bullshitting a bullshit artist. Computer security seems to be a full time occupation of all too many folk these years. The better it gets, the more kode kiddies want to game it. Some collect big bucks, few get caught. It's tempting, "money for nothing and the chicks are free". Yeah. I know a couple of class 1 crackers, yeah, I've tested some of the tools. ..buy new hard drive, burn all backups, reload, pretend one never did it.

I'm still responsible for 2 other folks websites. Tried to convince them otherwise 1) 2 years ago, and 2) 3 years ago. Provided them with access to licensed, paid-for software, told both of them I've absolutely NO interest in continuing, outa here. It was done free, just for "friendship", 'nuff. Horrible and very true, proveable things can be presented for one, the other is just a long time retiree from New Joorsie! 2) may be dead, neither of his phone numbers have answered for the last 2 years, possible his widow went back to New Jersey. The web domain name expires this month. sobeit.

Of course I've 3 of my own, another shared, and a whole bat-shit of knuckleheads that want me to field THEIR nightmares. I've a tremendously funny site that needs to be shared for folk that actually get paid for this crap. I'll link it somewhere down the page when the best start-point can be identified. Some sites can be so difficult and his is awful.

Rae, back to the alternate forum, I had to install some serious firewall/virus/blocking stuff a few years ago. Took someone else's puter and web access to download some serious tracking software, cleaned it (warez is wonderful, don't do it at home! ;o), and it has been entertaing to watch and track various traffic into this point. 80/minute is typical on THAT site, normal is about 3. I've never paid anyone a penny to post on a forum including THAT one, won't. Ever. Free speech is exactly such, the method of communication is up to the vendor/receiver. Don't like it, don't bother. The venue will fade. I've a looong babble on that. It'll keep. I know that needs an answer and it will be provided.

Today was the first time I've seen a human since 22 Sept and he was running a 'load' with his buddy from S. Florida. ..guess the crack supply has been kinda gettin' low outa Florida for a while.. Why did the fellow talk to me? That's easy. I was outa tobacco, in theory I had 2 more week's worth, it became a packed mass of Florida fungus, besides, I've been wanting a cola for 2 weeks. People are interesting live and in person. Some might be nice to be around. No, the yankees need cocaine, why fuss about the fellows.. Besides, being swamp-bound for months, the dress style (rope belt on cutoffs that were 3 sizes too big, disgustingly logoed tee shirt, Kerry dress boots) and the B-26 is a dead givaway. Could it have been the hat?

**by request, the last paragraph has been deleted. Explaination later, no harm, no foul.**

Comments:
Oh! What a shock! What are ya trying to do Rev, give me palpations? (oops, I'm rereading this post and I just realized my F-slip, I meant palPITations, I'm leaving it for your amusment!) My name in print! *blush* Am I famous now? Is this my moment.....whisking past as I type? I don't know what to say, I'm ill prepared!

(I'm sorry, I'm in a goofy mood, excuse me, it happens)

Isn't "goat-roper" a derogatory term? Hmmm?

Whale, I nevah!

(Just kidding, it wouldn't even apply in this context. I realize any more discussion probably wouldn't be prudent, so enough of that.)

BUT, don't dis Cat. That just won't do. Come on Rev, a little respect here. ;-)

Yes, I realize I can post. "Safe" or not could be disputed. I posted already. Anon-a-mousely (I don't have an account here) but signed my name. See below in the entry referencing hurricane situation. (points down) Granted it wasn't a very interesting post, not at all witty, intelligent, or insightful. As I recall I was eating a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, that must have been the problem. (lately I can't stop eating them, it's the strangest thing. Bleh, I know.)

I can't believe you quoted me on the "bullshit" thing. lol Yet another *blush*! (Actually, come to think of it, I CAN believe it, I'm not at all surprised.) Remind me to be careful what I say around you. wink-and-wince. I must confess, however, that I have no clue how your response ties in to what I said...

...ummm, yeah, hacking/computer security certainly is a concern...

"alternate" forums...a whole subject in itself.

Anyhoo. As I said in my prior post, I'm glad you are still kickin'!

"Today was the first time I've seen a human since 22 Sept ..." That is quite awhile to be without human contact, Rev. I don't envy you, take care of yourself!

The hat? Was it aluminum foil?

Yes. People are interesting.

Are you editing already? Uh-oh.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Ooops. Sorry for the double posting. I swear, it wasn't me. Good grief.

I remind myself of a girl who walks into a room full of strangers prompty trips over her own shadow and lands in a graceless pile on the floor...

...I suppose someone has to do it.

I'll shut up now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?